Provided by James R. Martin, Ph.D., CMA
Professor Emeritus, University of South Florida
1. Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.
2. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."
3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving once again that ... you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.
4. Did you hear that NASA recently put a bunch of Holsteins into low earth orbit? They called it the herd shot 'round the world.
5. A three legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."
6. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.
7. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."
8. A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."
9. Two friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that: Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.
10. Two Norwegians go to Collect Unemployment. Sven and Ole worked together in a Minnesota factory.....and both were laid off. So...dey vent to der Unemployment Office togedder. Asked his occupation, Ole said, "Panty Stitcher. I sew da elastic onto da ladies cotton panties." The clerk looked up Panty Stitcher. Finding it classified as unskilled labor, she gave Ole $300 a week in unemployment compensation. Sven, when asked his occupation replied, "Diesel Fitter". The clerk looked up Diesel Fitter...and it was classified as skilled. So, the clerk gave Sven $600 a week in unemployment compensation. When Ole found this out, he was yus furious! He stormed back into the office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his benefits. The clerk explained, "Panty Stitchers are unskilled labor and Diesel Fitters are skilled labor." "Vat skill ? yelled Ole. "I sew da elastic on da panties. Sven puts dem over his head and says, "Yah,... Diesel Fitter".
11. A bank manager noticed that one of his new clerks was terrible at counting money and balancing his drawer. “Where did you get your financial education?” he asked. “Yale,” replied the clerk. “Wow, glad to have you aboard. What’s your name son.” The clerk replied, Yim Yohnson.”
12. Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez. "How was he killed?" asked one detective. "With a golf gun," the other detective replied. "A golf gun! What the heck is a golf gun?" "I don't know. But it sure made a hole in Juan."
13. A hamburger walked into a bar and ordered a cold beer. The bartender looked at the hamburger and said “I’m sorry sir I can’t sell you a beer.” The hamburger’s response was, “Why not, I’m 21?” The bartender replied, “Because we don’t serve food in here.”
14. A peephole was found drilled into the locker room at a women’s gym in Manhattan. Police are looking into to it.
15. A man walked into a dentist’s office and flopped down in the chair. “Doc,” he said, “I think I’m a moth.” “That is a problem,” said the dentist, “but why did you come into a dentist’s office?” “Well,” he replied, “the light was on.”
16. A wife said to her husband, “What’s your excuse for coming home this late?” Her husband responded, “I was golfing with friends.” “Until two in the morning?” she responded. “Yes,” he said. “We use night clubs.”
17. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the
craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your
kayak and heat it too.
18. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says, 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
19. There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
20. A photon is going through airport security. The TSA agent asks if he has any luggage. The photon says, "No, I'm traveling light."
21. A man on a business trip went to a singles bar, approached two young women and offered them $200 to spend the night with him. One of the women stormed out in a rage, but the other women remained cool, calm and collected.
22. One of Santa’s elves tried to commit suicide? Apparently he had very low elf esteem.
23. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.
He acquired his size from too much pi.
24. I thought I saw an eye-doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
25. She was only a whisky-maker, but he loved her still.
26. A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
27. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
28. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
29. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
30. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
31. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
32. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
33. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: "You stay here; I'll go on a head."
34. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
35. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
36. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
37. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
38. A backward poet writes inverse.
39. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.
40. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
41. If you jumped off the bridge in Paris , you'd be in Seine .
42. What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac do at night? He stays up wondering if there really is a dog.
43. A thief broke into the Louvre and stole several famous paintings but was caught when authorities found his van by the side of the road. “I don’t believe it,” the policeman said. “How could you plan such a bold robbery and then get caught so easily?” “Simple,” the robber answered. “I don’t have Monet for Dagas to make the Van Gogh.”
44. What do you call two Mexicans who are playing basketball? Juan on Juan.
45. Definition: Minimum - “A small English mother.”
46. Definition: Dunlop’s disease - “When your stomach done-laps over your belt.”
47. Definition: Jumping to a conclusion - “When your parachute doesn’t open.”
48. Observation: “Many men smoke, but Fu Man Chu.”
49. Love story: “Two red corpuscles fell in love, but it didn’t work out. They loved in vein.”
50. Why is a balding man’s hair like the ocean? “Because it looks like the tide has gone out.”